Hive Tool – J Type
The Hive Tool – J Type is a useful beekeeping tool for easily lifting out bee frames from beehives. It’s also a great tool to shimmy loose any frames that are stuck together or stuck to the hive with propolis. Made from strong, hard steel it’s an absolute essential tool for beekeepers during honey harvesting season or when they need to do hive inspections. This is your main beekeeping tool of trade – a chippy has a hammer, a beekeeper has a hive tool.
- This is your main beekeeping tool of trade – a chippy has a hammer, a beekeeper has a hive tool.
- The J hook is useful in lifting out the frames easily.
- Made from strong hard steel.
- Colour: Silver
- Stainless Steel Hive Tool Extra Long With Curved Handle
- Beekeeping is especially fun when you are adequately equipped to carry out the exercise.
- The hive tool is an essential implement to the beekeeper.
- It is used for separating hive components so as to facilitate the inspection of the beehive.
- The simple design of the hive tool consists of hardened steel that has a hook on one end and a small blunt blade on the other end.
- Hive tool is used for various purposes including: prying the beehive lid off, removal of bur comb, separation of supers or boxes, removing debris off the floor board, loosening some hive components such as frames, and scraping out stings.
- In addition, hive tools should be kept clean and free from honey at all times, especially when you are inspecting a number of hives. This will help curb the transmission of common bee diseases.
- Once your payment reflects in our account, we get your order ready for the courier within 48 hours.
- When your order is dispatched we’ll send you a tracking number.
- After the courier has your package, delivery takes place within 5 working days*.
*Working days exclude weekends and public holidays.