Small Hive Beetle Trap / Beetle Blaster (Non-Reusable)
Hive Beetle Trap (Beetle Blaster). Safe for larvae, queen, workers & drones. Use when small hive beetles are present. Also traps earwigs & other small insects inside hive.
Beetle Blaster Features
- Easy installation.
- Safe for larvae, queen, workers, and drones.
- Can be used any time small hive beetles are present.
- Will also trap earwigs and other small insect pests inside hive.
- Use after doing splits to keep the hive strong. No poisons, no pesticides, safe for honey supers.
- Can be baited with a combination of a little honey and pollen. Apple cider vinegar can also be used as a bait material in the center section.
- Easy installation, hang over top bar of frame. Install between the first two and the last two frames in the brood chamber.
- Can be used with mineral oil, vegetable oil, hydrated lime, or dry capture. Mineral Oil or vegetable oil can go rancid, especially after capturing a few beetles. The odor of the dead beetles repels other beetles from the trap. Hydrated lime (calcium hydroxide, slaked lime) does not create an odor from dead beetles. Lime works by dehydrating the body of the beetle.
- Fill half the trap with mineral oil
- Place the beetle blaster trap on top of the frames
- The bees will harass the beetles as is prone to their nature
- The beetles will seek refuge inside the trap
- Once the trap is full or starts putrifying, remove it and throw it away.
- Once your payment reflects in our account, we get your order ready for the courier within 48 hours.
- When your order is dispatched we’ll send you a tracking number.
- After the courier has your package, delivery takes place within 5 working days*.
*Working days exclude weekends and public holidays.